We are growing and seeking
innovative, good fellows who love the land.
People who share our vision.
Senior Server Developer
About The Position
Imagine there was a platform that allows operating multiple autonomous vehicles, in the air and on the ground, across the globe, from a single location. How awesome would that be?! What if you were the one that built it from scratch?
Based in TLV (Sarona), Blue White Robotics is a world leader in autonomous technologies and unmanned systems. We are seeking a passionate, hands-on, Senior Backend-Oriented Software Engineer to help build our new revolutionary RaaS (Robot-as-a-Service) platform. You will play a key role in a fast-growing team with significant impact and potential for professional and personal growth.
You will be the first backend engineer to work on our cloud-based platform which plans & executes autonomous operations for multiple unmanned systems worldwide. You will take part in all aspects of the process - from early architecture & design, through prototyping & implementation, to production, continuous integration/delivery and support.
Responsibilities - what you’ll be doing:
- Make a major impact on the business by building our backend and taking our tec to the next level
- Design and develop BWR’s new cloud-based RaaS platform using latest cutting-edge technologies and services (cloud, containerized microservices and more)
- Take part in early decision making, architecture, design and technological research
- Implement the platform’s core backend logic, infra, tests, tools and automation
- Work closely with a talented agile team of engineers, product managers and designers to build a backend which is both robust and lean
- Step out of your comfort zone and take on Frontend and DevOps tasks when needed
- Be a cornerstone in the company’s core development team
Does this describe you?
● 8+ years proven hands-on experience in backend design and development (recent)
● 2+ years of experience in a senior software development role (senior dev, tech lead, architect, etc)
● Experience with relational and non-relational databases
● Experience in designing and building REST APIs
● Experience with setting up CI/CD and end-to-end test environments
● Production experience with modern cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, Firebase or alike)
● Self-driven, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, independent yet communicative & collaborative
● BSc in Computer Science / SW Engineering or related field
● Hebrew - native, English - fluent
Advantages - these will bring you to our front row:
● Experience with early-stage architecture and development of cloud backends from scratch
● Managerial or leadership experience, with a strong sense of ownership
● Experience in mentoring and hiring others
● Experience with microservices, containerisation and cluster management (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
● Experience with modern frontend/web/mobile/cross-platform app development