We are growing and seeking
innovative, good fellows who love the land.
People who share our vision:
Lidar Perception Algorithm Engineer
About The Position
Imagine a solution that allows turning a standard vehicle into an autonomous one, how awesome would that be?! What if you were the one that made it happen?
Based in TLV (Sarona), our (currently in stealth mode) company is a leader in autonomous technologies and unmanned systems. We are seeking a passionate, hands-on, LiDAR Perception Engineer to spearhead our revolutionary autonomous systems development.
You will be responsible for developing the solutions concerning localization & perception using 3D LiDAR for our autonomous product. You will own all aspects of the process - from customer needs mapping and definition, through algorithms design, prototyping, testing and implementation, to production, continuous deployment, and support.
Responsibilities - what you’ll be doing:
- Make a major impact on BWR’s business goals and take our autonomous initiatives to the next level.
- Research and map customer challenges and existing solutions in the areas of autonomous driving (including off-road) using perception and sensors.
- Propose, design and test algorithms to solve some of the world’s most complex robotics challenges.
- Implement robotic software applications, tests, infrastructure and tools.
- Collaborate with multiple teams, customers, vendors and stakeholders to ensure needs are met.
- Own the solutions from concept to production and provide excellent support and service to its users.
Requirements - does this describe you?
- 6+ years proven hands-on experience in the field of LiDAR perception.
- Hands-on development experience with: obstacle detection, object detection, object tracking, localization, sensor fusion.
- Strong theoretical foundations and knowledge with state-of-the-art works in either classic 3D LiDAR based perception algorithms or 3D LiDAR related deep learning algorithms . Knowledge and experience in both tracks would be a merit.
- Hands-on experience with Python, C/C++.
- Hardware computational systems knowhow and a maker mindset.
- Self-driven, motivated, independent yet communicative & collaborative.
- BSc in Computer Science / SW Engineering / EE or related field.
- Eligibility for US visa, capability of making trips abroad from time to time.
- Hebrew - native, English - fluent.
Advantages - these will bring you to our front row:
- Hands-on experience with ROS programming.
- Experience with autonomous driving systems, preferably off-road (major advantage).
- Proven experience building more than one robotic system from scratch.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science / Mathematics or Engineering.
Blue White Robotics provides cutting-edge autonomous systems and services globally. Our solutions aim to optimize operations and productivity in various domains like agriculture, security and smart mobility. We help our customers adopt new autonomous technologies, and improve efficiency and effectiveness on their existing products & services.
BWR is led by ex-IAF pilots and engineers with more than 20 years of experience in designing, developing and operating autonomous systems both in the air and on ground. Our team of 50+ professionals is composed of autonomous operation experts, system engineers, robotics experts and optimization & AI algorithms developers. Among our customers and partners you will find companies like Intel, Nvidia and Renault.